At St Philip’s we work closely as a team and value the opinions of all our children. Our school council members meet regularly to discuss ways in which we can improve our school together. The school council make such a difference in all areas of school life, they consult with all their classmates and ensure that their views are represented.
The school council then work together, alongside school staff to implement new ideas, in addition to reviewing policies, organising learning events, leading worship and improving outdoor provision.
All of our school council members have been elected by their class mates and will be part of the team for a full school year.
Our work has included:
- Designing and improving the outdoor play areas
- Improving the effectiveness of the ball court
- Improving play opportunities at lunchtime
- Organising the training of referees and ball court officials
- Identifying charity work and tackling injustice
- Working in liaison with the Land Trust to develop the use of Westbrook Orchard
- Reviewing policies and suggesting changes
- Purchasing equipment