Our Mission Statement:
‘Together we aim high, and with God’s love we can fly.’
At St Philip’s our aim is to create a community, based upon Christian values, where children can develop and learn. We strive to provide the highest standards of education and behaviour, and work together as a whole school community to ensure that children are given the opportunity to develop their God given potential in a secure and supportive environment.
We are extremely proud of our happy, caring and challenging school which aims to enable each and every child to achieve.
‘St Philip’s is a happy school. The sentiment of the school motto, ‘Together we aim high and with God’s love we can fly,’ perfectly describes your collective expectations for pupils and your belief in what they can achieve. Ofsted Report
‘Together, you have created a loving environment that promotes the care and nurture of the whole school community, enfolded by Christian values that are lived out day by day. Children are rightly proud of their school and feel the sense of belonging that has been created and is a strong feature of the school.’ Ofsted Report
What is special about our school?
- Together we will foster a love of learning in a happy and safe Christian environment to develop the mind, body and spirit.
- As a Christian community, we celebrate, embrace and value all cultures and recognise each individual’s needs, talents and aspirations in line with British values.
- Through the highest standards of teaching and learning we endeavour to spark the imaginations of all children with active support of our parents and carers.
- We provide an enriched and engaging curriculum which enables children to become high achieving, creative, reflective and enquiring learners.
- We will aim high in all we do, celebrating each others achievements, always persevering. We strive to build on our success and take on new challenges, valuing the opinions and views of our school family.
- We have high behavioural expectations which are under-pinned by our Christian values. We aim to show respect for one another and be active, caring members of school and society.