This week we are celebrating Children’s Mental Health Week which is a national event which runs from the 6th – 12th February.
We have planned a number of events to mark the week:
- Collective worship in school for the week will have the Christian value of ‘Hope’ as the theme
- Each class will take part in short daily lessons using the ‘My Happy Mind’ programme. The lessons delivered aim to help our children to understand mental health and what they can do to remain mentally healthy and to improve resilience. More information about the programme can be found here. Home – myHappymind
- On Friday 10th February we will be visited by the Rock Kidz team who will work with all the children across the school to deliver workshops. They will transform our main hall into a rock venue and will focus upon improving self-esteem. As part of the experience they ask that all children dress as rock stars for the day! More information can be found here. Rock Kidz On Tour – Primary Workshops That Rock! (rockkidzonline.com)
- We will be teaming up with the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families. In this project we will be working with our pupils to better understand the challenges our children currently face, and we will be thinking about what else we can do as a school to help to improve the mental health and wellbeing of our young people.
- We will be holding yoga sessions for our children to help them to understand how physical activity can contribute to good mental health
It would also be wonderful if our families were involved in our Children’s Mental Health Week project. You can find further details of how families can be involved here: Families – Children’s Mental Health Week (childrensmentalhealthweek.org.uk)